I'd like to thank all of you who have travelled the Nigel Slater journey with us, some hopping on and off the carousel, others who bought a season a ticket and rarely stepped off for a break. There will be a December round up and a final post where Sue and I will choose our Dish(es) of the Year and celebrate the fabulous recipes that you have all cooked up for this little blog challenge.
My final hurrah, as 2013 draws near to its end, features one of my favourite things about Christmas - the leftovers! Mincemeat Hot Cakes is a very simple recipe using lightly whipped egg whites to help, the flour, mincemeat and egg yolk mixture to rise. I managed to whip them up in about 15 minutes from ingredient assembly to pan.
Nigel suggests serving the hot cakes with some leftover brandy butter, as I didn't have any I simply added a little butter to the warm hotcakes. They were really fruity, not as light as Scotch Pancakes more of a solid type of hotcake, very tasty though and the flavour of the spices in mincemeat really came through.
If you would like to take part in Dish of the Month, then please:
- Make a Dish of the Month from ANY recipe by Nigel Slater
- Link to Farmersgirl Kitchen or A Little Bit of Heaven on a Plate
- Use the Dish of the Month logo in your post
- If you use twitter, tweet your post with @FarmersgirlCook or @Heavenona_plate and #DishoftheMonth and we will re-tweet it to our followers.
- If you own The kitchen diaries II please do not publish the recipes on your blog without permission, they are copyright.
- If you are using recipes from the BBC Food website, please link to the recipe on BBC Food rather than publishing the recipe. Likewise recipes on the Guardian Lifestyle website.
- One entry per blog.
- Recipes must be added to the linky by the 28th of each month.